Why You Need Local SearchMore and more people are performing online searches to determine where they do their business, particularly in a crowded service industry like medicine. As time moves on it is becoming crucially important for your business to place itself in the online community. Multiple practices in your area are all vying for a piece of the neighborhood pie and if you’re not listed, you are losing out to those who are.
Some Facts about Local Search
- 61% of local searches lead to a successful transaction – TMP/comScore
- 82% of local searchers follow-up their online search by visiting the nearby store or by a phone call – TMP/comScore
- 76% of Internet users first look at Local Search or map area of the 1st page, then Organic and last Paid – Neilson, 2009
- 54% of Americans have substituted yellow page phone books with the Internet and local search – comScore Networks
- 57% of Internet users research online, purchase offline – NPD Group
- It gives your local business a huge potential and an ever-increasing local customer base
- It can drive your business to a new height.