It's time for a medical website design that represents your practice, wows your users, and acts as an effective lead-generating tool for your business.
Over the past 20 years, we've worked with medical practices across a wide range of medical specialties to develop best-in-class and award winning website designs.
Ear, Nose, Throat
Cosmetics and Aesthetics
By working with each client to create a tailored approach to their goals and definition of success, we have cultivated a versatile approach to medical website design and healthcare marketing. We refuse to be complacent, and continue to push the envelope and maintain the highest standard for design in the industry.
If you're building a patient centric website, your website must boast high quality, relevant and correct medical content. From detailed service pages and specialty explanations, to niche deep dives around your most frequently asked questions. At the very least, your practice website needs the following:
1. Unique Branding: Standing out from the competition is a critical component of any website design. Visitors are not only coming to your website, but also going to your competitors website as well. The quality and aesthetics of your website also reflect the perceved quality of your technology, patient care, moderness, and overall practice. Branding includes online assets such as colors, logo, custom graphic design assets, phrasing and language used in your content, and imagery.
2. Media and photography: The most compelling aspects of a website are the visual elements on display. Using images and video to engage visitors and educate them around complex medical procedures while enriching the on-page experience is a key part of any medical website design. Using custom images and video is preferred whenever possible. Stock photography is valuable for augmenting pages, but when it comes to photos of your office or phyicsian profiles, professional grade custom photography is essential.
3. Information on each Speciality: The biggest way for you to add value on your website is by providing authoritative medical content. When it comes to websites for doctors, write for your patients, not yourself. The key here is to make your content educational, accurate, and easy to use and understand. For your patients, this means writing at a sixth grade reading level, keeping sentences short, and avoiding medical jargon whenever possible. List service pages that you offer like LASIK, cataract surgery, glaucoma, botox, or whatever applies to your healthcare website. Not only will these crucial parts help build trust and educate your patients, but it will also lead to higher rankings in organic search results. Authoritative content is one of the most important ranking factors in search engines.
4. Supporting topics: Does it feel like other websites for medical practices are ranking higher than you? Using educational content goes beyond words on your website in the form of service pages and pillar pages. When you create unique, engaging blogs that your patients care about and can use in their daily lives, you can start seeing results. Blogs, a form of content marketing, can help you get in front of patients while creating one-of-a-kind content that Google uses to increase authority of your website. If you're considered an authority in your area, it can make a significant difference for your practice's website.
5. Patient Engagement: Building a beautiful, stunning medical website that's also responsive is great, but don't forget about patient engagement objects. You need items on your healthcare website that make your patients want to interact. Enter engagement objects, like a LASIK self-test or a cataract self-test. These self-tests are quick and easy for patients to take and start the conversation with your practice. Having interactive elements on your website makes it much easier to generate leads and track conversions.
6. FAQ and Answers Section: Having educational content on your website involves making sure you answer frequently asked questions about the different medical procedures that you offer. Having thorough FAQ sections helps educate patients through personalized high quality information, and it also helps your website rank for additional related keywords. The best part is that answering the most basic questions about specific eye conditions and procedures is all you need to do!
7. Individual Pages for Each Doctor: Your patients deserve to know who they will be seeing at your practice before they see you. Having robust bio pages for your doctors helps build trust and expertise with patients, while ensuring details are accurate and up to date. If physicians at your practice change, make sure to change these as necessary. Have you added any new specialties? Do doctors work at multiple clinic locations? Make sure to include this in your bio pages to keep your patients informed.
8. Contact Information: Does it feel like your patients can't find your medical practice when they come in for appointments? A key component of any healthcare practice's website is making sure you have up to date and informative location pages. One way to do that is ensuring these pages are SEO optimized and all locations match up across your website, Google, and Local profile listings. This is a must do if you want your patients to be able to find you both online and in person. Your medical marketing efforts won't get you very far if your listings aren't accurate on your website.
1. Fast loading times: One second may seem short, but when you're loading a website, it can feel like a lifetime. Speed is crucial if you want a good user experience on your medical website. The user experience is vital for everything in medical internet marketing today, including rankings. If the visitor closes the window because the site won't load, you lose your chance at a conversion. 83% of consumers expect a website to load in three seconds or less. Without a site that loads quickly and efficiently, the design won't matter.
2. Mobile responsive: In 2022, you must have a mobile-friendly website that's responsive. At least 50% of website visitors will see your site using a mobile device, not a computer. We take a responsive website design viewpoint. That's why we make websites that work on tablets, phones, and computers. They respond to the device that you are looking at the website on. We design medical sites with a mobile-first mindset to ensure websites are equally functional on both desktop and mobile devices.
3. Security: Websites are under constant attack. Usually being hit with brute force attacks and malicious code injections in attempts to compromise the website and use it for spam based purposes. Having premium hosting servers, clean code, and following best practice security protocols such as taking regular backups, having an SSL on your website and regularly updating software are essential to keeping your website online.
4. HIPAA Compliant Forms: Do you use forms on your medical website? You may be violating HIPAA and not even know it. Many forms are in violation due to the intake of PHI (patient health information) on the forms, and how the data is stored. This includes items like date of birth, social security numbers, and more. Make sure you are using HIPAA compliant forms.
5. Accessibility: Having an accessible website should not be an afterthought. By following the WCAG 2.1 ADA standards during the design and development processes, doctors can be sure their website is accessible to their patients, and ADA compliant from the beginning.
It starts with your dedicated Digital Marketing Coordinator and Project Manager. We begin every website project with an in-depth discussion of our client's vision, brand, and goals. We work diligently to transform that vision into a reality, providing insights to improve your website performance, updates on industry trends, and advice for continuing to get the most out of your website.
We provide custom-tailored solutions and invite each client to participate actively in the website design process. Being an active participant in the medical website design project ensures client satisfaction from start to finish.
Each website is a unique representation of the practice it was built for. No two websites are the same, and you'll find that our medical websites stand out from the crowd.
Check Out Competitors' Websites
One of the best ways to get inspired for your website design is to look at your competitor’s websites. See what elements they’re using that you like and take inspiration from their designs. Of course, you don’t want to copy them outright, but rather use them as a starting point to come up with your own ideas. Try to think outside the box and come up with something that’s unique to your brand
Look at Websites in Adjacent Industries
When you're looking for inspiration for your website design, it can be helpful to look at websites in adjacent industries. This will give you a broader perspective and help you to see the design possibilities that are out there. For example, if you're a medical practice, you might take a look at websites for law firms, or if you're a hospital, you might look at websites for Fortune 500 companies. This will help you to see the different design styles that are out there, and it will give you some ideas for how to create a unique and polished website that represents your business.
Collaborate with your Website Designer
When it comes to finding inspiration for your medical website design, the best thing you can do is work hand-in-hand with your designer. They're the ones who understand your brand and target audience best, so they're in a great position to help you come up with ideas that are both on-brand and appealing to your audience. Ask to see some of their most recent designs, and be prepared to offer feedback. Tell them what you like and don't like, and be specific about why. This will help them create a design that's perfect for your business and your target audience.
There are four main phases of building a medical website. Each is an important step in getting the outcome you want, while ensuring your website is build to the highest quality standards.
Phase 1: Discovery
During discovery, your Project Manager will work with you to identify your practice goals, differentiators, and identity. Together, we will map out design concepts and branding to help make your medical website truly unique.
We'll create your website sitemap to ensure the website is true to your practice. We discuss procedures and services to highlight and emphasize the website conversion factors that will help you bring in patients that best fit your practice's patient persona.
During this phase, we additionally plan the content that will be highlighted on the homepage and implemented in your initial design.
Phase 2: Design
Design is where our team takes the concepts from phase one and begins to bring them to life. During this phase, our web designers take the information set forth during discovery and create a partially coded design for your review.
We will present our initial design and make modifications based on practice feedback and collaboration. You will see your medical website design come to life here! Our team of specialized individuals, combining the best of technology, design, and internet marketing, creates ideas that succeed.
It takes about 50 milliseconds (0.05 seconds) for users to form an opinion about your site. 94% of first impressions for a website are related to design.
Phase 3: Programming
After you have approved the website design, we'll move everything over to our development team. During this phase, we add all the content to your website and format it with photos and video.
We browser test your website at this junction to ensure it is fully functional, regardless of what kind of device users are viewing it on. We will optimize the website for site speed, set up ADA best practices, and prepare the site for any marketing initiatives we may be completing for the client, particularly SEO.
Phase 4: Finalization
After finalizing the website, you are welcome to review the site, read through its content, and make any adjustments needed before we launch. Then, it's time to celebrate your beautiful new website and share it with the world.
You are surrounded by a team of strategic Internet marketing specialists and top-notch designers from start to finish. We strive to ensure each website we produce is user-friendly, beautiful, fast, and functional.
To make your website work harder for you, we will also incorporate our time-tested design methodology for bringing the practice new patients to help push your practice ahead of the competition. The medical industry is constantly shifting, and Glacial Multimedia works to stay ahead of the latest trends and tactics.Contact Us
Schedule Your Free Medical Marketing Assessment Today!