Medical Website Design
Medical Website Design
Glacial Multimedia Inc. specializes in medical website design and has over 13 years as company serving medical practices and companies. Are you tired of creating websites that look bad? Are you tired of cheap templates that provide no service? At Glacial we specialize in a custom-tailored solution that can give you the best looking and most functional website. From start to finish, you are surrounded by a team of strategic Internet marketing specialists and top notch designers to give you the best chance of success. Please feel free to review our medical website portfolio to see the quality work the we develop for our customers.
Why Choose Us For Website Design
1. Our clients own the websites that we make for them. No licensing nonsense because we believe if you pay us for a job then you should own the work.
2. No mandatory long-term contracts. If you are not happy with our work, which is extremely rare, you are not locked into any long-term contract.
3. Our designs are attractive and functional. We have received the 2011 award to Interactive Media Awards for TOP of Class designs (IMA 2011) - Out of hundreds of companies Glacial Multimedia Inc ranked 2nd in overall healthcare website design.
4. We can provide website design plus a complete practice marketing approach. At Glacial we have Internet marketing specialists, marketing specialists, creative graphic designers, business strategists and software engineers that team up to provide the best possible solution for our clients.
5. We have 13 years of medical marketing experience and have worked with universities, practices, organizations, foundations, and corporations. Our ability to assure customers that they are technologically safe and compliant significantly differ from less experienced website development companies.
At Glacial Multimedia Inc., our creative team consists of several high level graphic designers that are matched with advanced programmers to ensure the best possible design and best possible programming. Our designers design and our programmers code sites. This ensures our clients the best design mixed with the best possible programming available.
Website design is one of the core competencies that has elevated Glacial Multimedia over our competition. Creating custom websites with robust functionality has been the pursuit of the company goals since day 1.
Competing in a web 2.0 world can be difficult without a company that can make a nice design and also incorporate modern technology for a better user experience. If you have struggled with template website designs or other websites that look mediocre, maybe it is time to create a better web presence. Many of our clients often mention the amount of increased business leads after a redesign process.
Understanding The 4 Phases of The GLACIAL development process
Glacial Multimedia Inc., has a 4 phased approach for custom medical website design. After several years of developing medical websites it became apparent to company leaders that it was difficult to force clients into a template design or box. Medical practices simply needed to be able to FLEX their marketing differentiation muscles. Restrictive templates and out of the box medical web models were simply burdensome and doctors ultimately were not well represented. After concluding that we needed a better solution we enacted our custom design process. The following phases are detailed below.
1. Discovery & Navigation Development – This phase is where the website site map is created. Medical practices are encouraged to participate in this process vigorously. All services and procedures need to be brought to light. We also place great focus on the website conversion factors in this stage. If call to action is important it needs to be discussed and implemented into the navigation map prior to submission to phase 2. ALL homepage text and icon design are also discussed during this phase.
2. Design – In phase 2 the web designers are using the information from phase one to create sample designs. We typically create 2-3 designs to present to each client that contains elements of their medical practice desire and the GLACIAL input from years of various medical website development. In the design phase each practice has the opportunity to make suggestions and review designs directly with the company art director. Glacial Multimedia designs samples until the client is satisfied with each aspect of the proposed design. A written sign off is required to move to phase 3 of the process.
4. Finalization – The final phase is nothing other than FINALIZATION. All content is loaded into the website at this junction and pages are formatted with pictures, videos and audio files. Finalization is also where we do all the browser testing to ensure that the website functions on all browsers. Websites are also put into our quality control system and text is proof read and prepared for SEO. After the finalization the website is submitted to the client. The client has every opportunity to make changes over any time period.
Top 10 Web Tips For Your Medical Website
1. Capitalize on organic SEO
With some basic help on the SEO level, practices can achieve some great positioning and attract a fair amount of patient interest in the process. Link building and basic tags are often enough to gain presence.
Examples of link building would entail acquiring links. The best ways to get quality links is to work with relevant websites from your local area or medical field. Local media sources should be contacted and if you are buying media and not getting free links you should reconsider your previously negotiated contracts.
- Organic/Natural SEO is not signing up for a directory website
- Visitors are more likely to click on organic listings
See sources below from TOP rank blog
- iProspect did a study on this in 2004 - “Across the 4 search engines - Google, Yahoo! MSN and AOL — 60.5% clicked on a natural (or “organic” or “algorithmic”) search result, while 39.5% clicked on a paid search advertisement.”
- A recent study by iProspect and Jupiter Research shows that 2/3 of users click on the first page of results.
- A study by OneUpWeb - search users are up to 6X more likely to click on the first few organic results as they are to choose any of the paid (PPC) results.”
- Jupiter Research: ” Algorithmic listings in search indexes generate an estimated six of seven commercially natured search referrals”
- 2007 Marketing Sherpa Search Marketing Benchmark Survey
- Chris Dohman pointed out this post from SEO Book citing data from Jupiter (5 out of 6 commercial purchases which originate from search originate from the free (or organic) side)
2. Self-Evaluation Tests
Just from watching lead management systems we can definitely see more willingness to fill out the self-evaluation tests versus a basic contact form. I talked with a new client last week from New York that says his ratio between self-evaluation tests and contact forms is 5:1. There is now hard data to prove these forms actually work. Make your own trial and track what pages the leads come from. The important thing to note is that the refractive coordinator must follow up with these leads immediately and schedule a practice visit. All responses should be within 24 hours of receiving the lead.
See website below for an example:
- Self-Evaluation Tests offer an additional method of obtaining leads
- Self-Evaluation Tests offers a patient the chance to reveal their personal situation
- Self-Evaluation Tests are relatively simple to install and set up
3. Web Offers
Web offers can increase your leads! The challenge is making an offer that does not seem ridiculous. In the past we have done projects that drive large amounts of leads to a website to vote in contests, or generate public opinion. A basic web offer system is a good idea for a bi-annual event. Use your website when creating incentive offers. You can help increase your traffic and page rank as well as creating more local awareness.
Examples Include: The recent beautiful eyes contest done by Chesapeake Eye & Laser Center where 190 people uploaded photos of their eyes in order to apply for a FREE LASIK surgery. Maine Eye Center also created the My LASIK valentine contest where essays were submitted and voted on by the community. The essay with the most votes won a FREE LASIK surgery. These contests generate leads and create brand awareness in the community. Contact Mike Dunn at Cheseapeake Eye & Laser Center for details on his contest system.
This is a good viral element, almost standard among top websites. This element is easy to apply and can be very useful when a person has a friend and they want to get them the information fast. Some practices have taken it further and enabled the sending of certain pictures or videos on the website. Care should be taken when using these with Gen Y to ensure the reasoning for forwarding to a friend is authentic to this consumer groups desire to be truly helpful to their friends.
5. Font Resizer
Good for people over 40! A must have for the modern comprehensive eye care practice. Ask your web development company if they can apply functionality like this. This element will not generate more leads but it will make your website more user friendly.
6. Backend Lead Database
Don’t rely on your e-mail! – This is about a backend database behind e-mail. I am sure everyone reading this can admit they have not received an e-mail or had someone not receive their e-mail. Do not rely on e-mail to save your leads because they’re too many external factors that can disrupt transmission. You should utilize a back end database to catch all the leads and track the pages the leads are coming from. Minimally, these leads should be downloaded into a spreadsheet or the in practice tracking software that you currently use. A more sophisticated system can be quite expensive but will ensure that you are able to save more leads, get better tracking information and ultimately convert more surgeries.
7. Plan better site architecture
It’s amazing to see how many websites have problematic navigational issues. As a general rule of thumb it is a good idea to have multiple ways to get to vital information. At a bare minimum the website should have an html footer navigational structure. The use of call outs to draw out important items on a website with a lot pages can be useful. Restructuring your navigation can be expensive and time consuming so altering this aspect should be done prior to making any new websites. With the onset of video SEO it is important to design the website in such a way that space is provided to insert videos in the viewable window. Make sure to discuss this prior to approving your secondary page designs.
8. Provide good patient education and increase the multimedia
Impact of a modern site with multimedia from a variety of sources such as (AMOadvantage, EyeMaginations, Video Players, youtube) can have a positive psychological impact on many consumers. If your site is well organized, includes video and audio with contact forms and document downloads your site will be impactful. Be sure your web provider understands how to imbed video on an html page with no plug-ins like REAL media or QuickTime. Additionally make sure the video looks presentable on the page and is easily accessible.
- Many web users will rather listen to an audio clip or watch a video instead of reading text
- Videos can introduce surgeon to prospective patients
- Animations can clearly express what will happen in the surgery
- Avoid third party plug-ins when using web multimedia
9. Write custom content
If you spend money on a website be sure to capitalize on the opportunity to make some custom content. I understand that it easy to just take existing content but there will be increasing benefits to well written and unique content in the future. The search engines are routinely editing the duplicate content aspects of their algorithms and although some duplicate content does pass, some of it gets flagged by duplicate content filters.
10. Set Up Website Tracking – Google Analytics
Understanding your web metrics will be increasingly valuable in the future. Google Analytics, which is free from Google, enables you to have a third party verify referral URLs, organic SEO traffic, paid search traffic and direct to URL.
625 Main Street , Westbrook, ME 04092
MD Prospects ™
MDProspects™ is a revolutionary new web based software tool designed for medical practices to help manage internet leads and help significantly increase your revenues by maximizing conversion rates.Learn More